I have believed this was the case for years from several sources of data but these are just 2 more confirming that the Sun controls our climate and weather. Piers Corbyn after all does a good job of predicting weather using the Sun in combination with the Moon. I know he doesn’t get everything right, nor does he have predictions of events that happen. Sometimes there is not enough indication of an event. Where he shines is in the prediction of off the wall events that no one could have foreseen like the blizzard in the midwest in 2008, the 4 huge snowstorms from the day after Christmas thru Jan in winter 2011-2012 to name a couple. Hurricane Irene was another. Anyway, this appears to be a pretty thorough analysis.
Here are some highlights of these two new papers published in Physics Letters A by :
- Central Pacific region temperature dataset SST3.4 from 1990 to 2014 is studied.
- SST3.4 contains a sustained signal at 1.0 cycle/yr implying solar forcing.
- SST3.4 also contains a signal (<1 cycle/yr) showing El Niño/La Niña effects.
- This signal contains segments of period 2 or 3 years, phase locked to the annual.
- A 12-month moving average improves on a “climatology” filter in removing annual effects.
- Global ocean temperatures at depths 0–700 m and 0–2000 m from 1990 to 2014 are studied.
- The same phase-locked phenomena reported in Paper I are observed.
- El Niño/La Niña effects diffuse to the global oceans with a two month delay.
- Ocean heat content trends during phase-locked time segments are consistent…
View original post 910 more words